Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The 21st JOY of Christmas...What's My Hang Up?


"The Stockings were hung by NO CHIMNEY with care...with hopes that Saint Nick will find them somewhere." Christmas Stockings are my hang up...or should I say, JOY was hanging up the Christmas Stockings. I can hardly wait to see how Santa will fill them...Tic Tacs? Chocolate Santas? Tangerines? Lip Smackers? Something personally that I need?

JOY is knowing that I have needs, for it teaches me humility.

JOurneY on...


Christmas Stockings, according to a site I googled gives some enlightenment and meaning behind the strange custom of hanging stockings. "According to an old tale, three poor girls who were in dire need of money for their wedding dowries had hung their stockings by the fire to dry. Saint Nicholas - the first Santa Claus- upon finding out about their need, left a gift of gold coins in their stockings." www.A-Magical-Christmas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment